We provide full fee and subsidized care!
Who We Are
Cast for Kids is a non-for-profit community-based child care centre located in the Keele and Sheppard area of North York. We provide full fee and subsidized care for children 0 months – 12 years of age. We also provide a FDK program for 4 – 5 year olds in partnership with our schools unit. We are located in Sheppard Public School, which also houses Toronto’s first Africentric Alternative School. The ability to be located within the schools ensures that we maintain close ties with the community.
Our Mission Statement
Cast for Kids Childcare Centre will contribute to our community by making high-quality accessible subsidized and full fee child care and early learning available, so that families can go about their daily routines knowing that their children are in good hands. Our program will stimulate learning through a hands on learning play environment.
With our school partners, we will create a welcoming, supportive and stimulating play environment in which every child can realize their full potential. We will work alongside our schools unit to provide high quality and a well-balanced play environment with access to our Full-day Kindergarten program as well. Effective October 2016 we will offer care for infants and toddlers as well and will therefore offer care to the following age categories; 0 months – 12 years of age, which will continue to include our FDK before and after care program.
We strive to create a supportive family atmosphere in which the program is an extension of the home, community and school. Our program is designed to:
- Provide a warm, receptive and stimulating environment.
- Encourage the development of a positive self-concept within each child and a positive concept of family and community.
- Provide opportunities for the children to develop self-expression, language enrichment and experiences that promote knowledge and understanding of their environment and the world around them.
- Provide a safe environment for all children at all times.
- Provide co-operation between child care and school programs.
- Provide opportunities for family involvement and co-operation by allowing parents to volunteer on Centre trips, communicate with staff about their children’s day and join our Board of Directors.
- Provide opportunities for the children to learn by playing together and sharing with one another.
- Provide opportunities to regularly assess the effectiveness, appropriateness and efficiencies of the program organization, activities and routines.